Sunday, April 25, 2010

It's a girl!!!













I was planning for this cake for a while mostly because I was excited to try it. So when I got the round pans home the fun began. I thought I had to turn the pans upside down on a cookie sheet. So I tried it, and failed. Obviously the cake seeped out the sides and made a mess in the oven. I finally called the store I get my supplies at and was kinda laughed at. I figured out I could stand the cake up the correct way (with the rounded part down) and it wouldn't fall because the weight of the batter will keep it even. When they were done they came out perfect! I made a 9x13x2 sheet to put the "belly" on and covered it with black fondant. I put the rounded cakes on top and covered it with the pink fondant. Once it was on the cake is when I shaped out the dress. Wife wouldn't let me have any cleavage showing. :(  I made due with what I could. I added some trim and a bow to the belly to break it up a bit. The pink icing at the bottom, I think, finished the cake. I would totally do this one again. This was a lot of fun.

1 comment:

  1. Dan! This cake is so much fun!! Thanks for posting these. I always look forward to seeing the cake pics on FB! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete