Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Jolly Snowmen










I had a lot of fun making this cake. This was for our Christmas party. I got the idea for this from looking a pictures of others. I collaborated a couple ideas and came up with this. Everything is fondant. The tree is made by stacking stars on top of one another. There were 3 different sizes and 3-4 of each size to make the tree. The star topper is actually 2 stars pressed together with a toothpick in the middle to keep it upright on the tree. I also covered the cake board in fondant. It gave it that nice bright white I was looking for and also helped with keeping the snowmen in one place. The snowmen were simple. Just rolled up different sized balls of fondant and gave them a little shape. The noses were a bit of the pain to paint. Next time I'm using colored fondant. lol. The hats are fondant too. The top hats are two pieces (top and brim) and the santa cap is one. This was fun and a big hit at the party. It was hard to cut into it. It just didn't seem right. This was the first time I had a piece of my own cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment